Don't know when I will have time to do this this weekend, so I'm getting a jumpstart.
There is no Sister's Day, and so I will write this post in honor of my sister, CLOSE to her birthday. She will be 25 on May 24th, which is this Sunday. She's not old enough to care that I just revealed her age to the world...lol.
I just realize often that my sister is not my "little" sister anymore. I mean she is, but she is a great young woman, not the kid I used to try to ditch all the time. She surprises me all the time with her maturity and insight.
Tracy and I are almost as different as night and day. Yet, we have enough in common that we can appreciate things together. Like country music, or really hot guys, chocolate, softball, our parents and our God. Yet, we are different enough that we don't want to kill each other. At least, I don't think she is plotting anything...haha.
She has even forgiven me for that horrible thing I did last year about this time...I set her up with this guy that ended up being disastrous. And if you are by a long shot that guy, reading this, know that you are a great guy, but just NOT a good match for Trace. It just seems my job as Big Sister is to set Tracy up on dates. Although.....I think she will be a little more cautious the next time I make a suggestion.
And I dont' know why some really awesome guy hasn't snatched her up. I think she is content being single, where she is right now. But she deserves a truly, awesome, God-loving, Spirit filled, caring guy to come along and sweep her off her feet. She has kept herself completely pure for that guy, and I think that is truly awesome, and something to be admired and respected for.
Now having said that....if a guy were to come along that was anything less than awesome, God-loving, Spirit filled and in any way hurt her, I'd have a WHOLE other Big Sister job to take care of :)
Tracy doesn't appreciate mushy as much as my mom does, but I just wanted to let her know how much she means to me. I have not always been a very good role model nor have I left footsteps for her to follow in, which is why I am grateful she has forged her own path. She really is a cool chick. I am grateful to be her sister....even though her turning 25 means I am getting OLD!
Happy Birthday Tracy! I hope this next year is all that you want it to be!
Love you much,
Nae
Friday, May 22, 2009
Sisterhood
Posted by Renee Mays at 4:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment