CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Murphy's Law

Just to let you know this will not be profound.....far from it actually.

As some of you know through my postings on other sites, I am going in for surgery next Wednesday June 3. I am having a nasal septoplasty, turbinate reduction, tonsillectomy and a uvulopalatorpharyngoplasty, otherwise knows as UP3. Interesting huh? All this is being done in hopes of clearing up my sleep apnea, so that I can sleep better, which will help me feel better overall. That is the theory anyway. It has been underway for months now. First I had to get the insurance company to approve all three procudures. At first this didn't happen. They only approved two, not the UP3. I finally got surgery scheduled a couple weeks ago, with the understanding that I would not be having the UP3, and in the last week or so, the insurance finally approved it. So....big praise for that.

The recovery, from what I've been told, is going to be hard. I guess people want to prepare you for the worst instead of telling you it's going to be all roses. So, although I remain optimistic, I am preparing for worst case scenario, and having a full two weeks of recovery. I am not even supposed to drive...still not sure why. There are plenty of activities that I need to refrain from that make sense, driving isn't one of them, unless it is ony due to being on pain meds.

And in preparing for this two week long recovery, I am trying to get all my business stuff taken care of before hand, all my loose ends tied up. It's a blessing, a HUGE blessing that for the last two weeks I have been slammed with work. I mean very BUSY. But, as it keeps piling up, I am getting nervous that some of it will still be sitting here as I'm laying on a gurney somewhere. I try not to make promises to people that I cannot keep, I do believe that is what makes any business successful. However, I am having technical problems beyond my control and it is making me nervous that those promises I may have to eat. Which is why I bring up Murphy's Law. I'm not sure what the law says exactly, I just know it is usually referred to when "everything that could go wrong does". And that has been my week.

It has been one thing after another, after another. So.......Please pray for me to get done what needs to be done. And that if it doesn't and is because it's out of my control, that I can be at peace with that. I'm really not a perfectionist, but in some areas of my life, I try to be. My work tends to be one of them. We won't go into the others, because they are insignificant.

Anyway. Also pray for a productive surgery, no complications, and quick recovery. I would like to surprise the doctor with a miraculous recovery. LOL. His name is Dr. Shoemaker, and maybe I should request that you pray for him too, since he is the one that will be holding the scalpel. I will stay in the hospital overnight, so pray that I will not be completely bored out of my mind, and that one night will be all it will take.

Like I said, nothing profound, just what is on my mind. Oh yeah, I already have a smoothie lined up because I won't be able to eat anything. So feel free to send smoothies, milk shakes and ice cream my way. hahahahaha.

Thanks for all the prayers that I know you will pray. :)

0 comments: