CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Prayer Please

Hello everyone.
One week ago tomorrow I had surgery. I have not posted an update because there wasn't much to say and I have been a lil loopy. I try to rest, be still, sleep, and do as little as possible.

I would ask that you continue to pray for my recovery. When I said everyone had given me an "realistic" outlook, I was wrong. They were actually being pretty optimistic. The pain has been unbearable at times. Swallowing glass sounds more appealing than just swallowing my medicine. The medicine is liquid vicodin, and is helpful but I'm cautious with it. I don't want to take too much or become dependent on it. However, I do like the fact that it makes me feel better even for just a minute or fifteen. When my mom went to go get the refill, it was written on the paper work that it is "being taken too much". Oooooh. That got me. I told mom to take me to the pharmacy with her next time. I'll shine a flashlight at the back of my throat and then see what lil mr/ms. pill pants has to say about it then. I dare them to say it to my face.

No, in all seriousness this is not what I had expected. It has really wore me thin. I expected to be sore, like maybe a really bad sore throat, chillin back and eatin some ice cream or some smoothies. I have not eaten more than 6 or 7 bites of ANYTHING since last week. By the time I hit bite 5 I think, my throat starts to rebel against whatever it is I'm trying to shove down it. And I take medicine and try to repeat the process in a couple hours. I am hungry. HUNGRY. And I tend to get cranky when I'm hungry. And I knew I could spare a few pounds, but losing 7 in not quite as many days seems to be a little drastic. Not that I will get to appreciate it, because when I can eat, I'm sure whatever is lost will quickly refind itself. LOL.

And bless my family. They are doing everything they can to make things better on me. Nursing me. Taking care of Jared. Even doing business stuff for me. Nice. All very nice.

So, that is my update. Nothing eloquent. Nothing even inspiring. Just please continue to pray for me and my family. Please pray that this recovery will speed up a bit. I'm okay with taking it easy until I'm fully recovered, just as long as I can get a little pain relief.

And, just so you know....as soon as I can eat something again, you all better stay outta my way. Cause I'm hittin up some restaurants and Walmart. I'm gonna eat something good and fattening, and sticky and something that will stick to my ribs. Forget broth. Yogurt. Pudding. Mushed macaroni. Ice Cream. Jello. I want something tasty.

0 comments: